Solving the complexities of quantifying and understanding diverse Latino public opinion
We know sound analysis of Latino public opinion hinges on appropriate technical tools and cultural competence – both are essential. This is why the largest organizations, foundations, agencies, and decision makers turn to Latino Decisions for help gathering information and crafting strategic solutions.
Our team of highly skilled social scientists brings expertise on Latino public opinion and technical capabilities unparalleled in the industry. Collectively, our research has been presented, published, and cited in hundreds of academic and journalistic venues. Whether working with small focus groups in a mid-size city, or a national survey with several thousand respondents, we maintain the highest research standards and procedures to assure reliable results and advice.
Cultural Competence – Our personal familiarity and experiences inform our work to produce the most accurate information and analysis on Latino public opinion. Demonstrated understanding of Latino diversity and dynamics are built in to every element of every project, from start to finish:
- Innovative survey instrumentation and experiments
- Original assessment tools and question batteries
- Demographically accurate sampling frames
- Customized contact, selection, and interview protocols
- Analytical techniques tailored to capture extensive in-group variation
- Reports and recommendations clarify when different sub-group strategies are necessary, and when they are not.
Technical Tools – We leverage technology to give clients the most precise and reliable information that is simply not available anywhere else. Our 2010 midterm election polling results revealed significant predictive advantages and accuracy LD has over competitors that continue to set us apart from the field. Data, analytical tools and operational capabilities exclusive to Latino Decisions gives clients powerful information advantages.
- Proprietary software, predictive statistical tools, and analysis applications
- Accurate methodological practices capture new and unexpected trends
- Experience analyzing emerging population data
- Fine data dissection appropriate to client questions and needs
- Specialized techniques quantify and account for population diversity accurately
- Archive of propriety data provides enhanced contextual information for clients
- 200 station telephone data collection facility
- On-staff CATI and online survey programmers and project managers
- One of the largest bilingual interviewing staffs in the Western United States
- Capacities in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean
Services – We understand how demographics, identity, public opinion, participation, and research methodology intersect. This understanding and versatile skill set gives us a tremendous edge over our competitors as we work with clients to solve problems and formulate long-term strategies.
- Electoral analysis including voter registration, precinct analysis, voter turnout, vote share
- Technical diversity evaluation of survey instrumentation and sampling techniques
- Survey design, polling, experimentation, and message testing
- Data collection and analysis
- Focus groups
- Statistical modeling and simulations
- Program review and evaluation
- English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean
- Consult and model demographic impact on organization operations, human resources, service delivery, and consumer market environments