Asian American Decisions, a new sister company of Latino Decisions, focuses on Asian American political opinion research.
We provide clients with accurate, independent data to facilitate critical decisions. Our team brings a unique combination of cultural competencies and analytical expertise to produce the most accurate information about Asian American political attitudes, experiences and engagement.
Rich diversity is an asset we understand well − in terms of both technical expertise and cultural nuances.
Clients rely on us to provide solutions that take important differences into account, without ignoring similarities, or broad trends. Our team has well-established expertise working with diverse populations that vary in terms of national origin, language preferences, nativity, and immigrant generation. Recent clients and projects include:
2012 Asian American Election Eve Poll
Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALEF)
2012 Asian Naturalization Study
National Association of Latino Elected Officials (NALEO)
2010 We Are America Alliance
Asian American Voter Survey
2008 Collaborative Multi-Racial Post-Election Survey
USC, UCLA, Texas A&M, UW, and UNM
2008 We Are America Alliance
Asian American Voter Survey
Contact us to find out how we can help your organization with the most accurate insights available.
- Dr. Matt A. Barreto, email, or phone: 909.489.2955
- Dr. Gary M. Segura, email, or phone: 206.280.5069
- Main office, email, or toll free: 877.271.2300
Asian American Decisions - What We Do
Solving the complexities of identifying, quantifying and understanding diverse Asian American public opinion
We know sound analysis of Asian American public opinion hinges on appropriate technical tools and cultural competence – both are essential. This is why organizations, foundations, agencies, and decision makers turn to us for help gathering information and crafting strategic solutions.
Our team of highly skilled social scientists brings expertise on Asian American public opinion and technical capabilities unparalleled in the industry. Whether working with small focus groups in a mid-size city, or a national survey with several thousand respondents, we maintain the highest research standards and procedures to assure reliable results and advice.
Demonstrated understanding of Asian American diversity and dynamics are built in to every element of every project, from start to finish:
- Demographically accurate sampling frames customized to meet client needs in terms of language preferences, origin groups, immigrant experiences/generations, and location.
- Analytical techniques tailored to capture extensive in-group variation
- Innovative survey instrumentation and experiments
- Original assessment tools and question batteries
- Customized contact, selection, and interview protocols
- Reports and recommendations clarify when different sub-group strategies are necessary, and when they are not.
We leverage data, state-of-the-art analytical tools, and operational capacity to give clients unparalleled advantages.
- Specialized techniques quantify and account for population diversity accurately
- Archive of proprietary data provides enhanced contextual information for clients
- Accurate methodological practices capture new and unexpected trends
- Experience analyzing emerging and difficult to reach populations
- Fine data dissection appropriate to client questions and needs
Our in-house research operations allow us to manage the entire research process and achieve a higher level of quality and timely results.
- Capacities in Cantonese, English, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese
- 200 station telephone data collection facility
- On-staff CATI and online survey programmers and project managers
- One of the largest multilingual interviewing staffs in the Western United States
We understand how demographics, identity, public opinion, participation, and research methodology intersect. Cultural competence in combination with sharp quantitative skills provides our clients with a tremendous edge over competitors, as we work to solve problems and formulate long-term strategies.
- Electoral analysis including voter registration, precinct analysis, voter turnout, vote share
- Technical diversity evaluation of survey instrumentation and sampling techniques
- Survey design, polling, experimentation, and message testing
- Data collection and analysis
- Focus groups
- Statistical modeling and simulations
- Program review and evaluation
- Consult and model demographic impact on organization operations, human resources, service delivery, and consumer market environments